Thursday, April 3, 2008

Karma
It's baseball season. The first ball of the season has been thrown. I don't know who threw it, but I bet whoever it was, the ball was thrown better than could I. I'm not good at throwing baseballs, or footballs, or basketballs. What I am good at throwing is conniptions. I threw a good one this evening.

Angry at myself for losing something that was near and dear, I attempted to distract myself by gathering up the items that needed to go to the recycling bin. A couple of Simply Orange bottles, a diet coke bottle, a plastic to-go container, a tuna can and a pile of junk mail. They wouldn't cooperate and, in a flash, ended up on the floor and half-way across the room.

I then slammed into the bathroom and took my displaced wrath out on the clogged toilet that has been holding on to its prize as if it were Gollum with the ring finally in his grasp. I succeeded only in splashing water all over the floor and pumping my blood pressure to the brink of popping a vein.

My only pleasure was in squashing some ants that had dared to invade my kitchen space. I am not a Buddhist.

That is all.
Posted at 6:08 PM | |