Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happily ever after - surving PC abuse
It's a funny thing about relationships. For some, they fall into a relationship as easily and gently as snowflake falls from the sky. For others - falling into a relationship is like falling down a rocky slope - thrilling, scary and leaving them black and blue at the bottom.

That rocky slope aptly describes my relationships. With computers, that is.
From the day I abandoned my first computer - a Mac - for the increasingly ubiquitous PC, I've nursed the wounds and bruises those relationships evinced. What would start as a seemingly happy union would end in a bitterly contested and painful divorce. And with no alimony, either - insult to injury.

This weekend I liberated myself from the pain and emotional toll those PC bastards exacted from me. I finally found the strength and the courage to stand up for myself and cry to the winds, "No more!"

I bought a MacBook Pro. I asked forgiveness and found it'd already been granted. Mac took me back, no questions asked. I guess that's what happens when you find your soul mate.

Posted at 4:16 PM | |