Sunday, April 13, 2008

How not to buy a Wii
It's been a rough few days in the land of Yesablog. I only thought I was kidding about the withdrawal thing. Last week was just a warm-up for the real thing this week. I will never - and I mean never - put myself willingly through anything like that again. I'm about 85% out of the woods. Thanks to a ten day prescription of Ambien, I was finally able to get some real sleep - 16 hours worth - (you read that right) after two and a half days of mind-fucking agony.

During the past three days, I gained $600 via the hobby that will not be named here, ordered a pizza and cheese sticks - but don't remember when - and scored a Wii. So some good came of it, however I don't recommend the method.

I expect to be up to 100% in the next few days and will return to report on all things Wii. Why? Because I'm already loving it. The first game I bought was Endless Ocean and it is the perfect distraction for this shaky time - calm and relaxing.

In the meantime, I'd like to direct you to an internet neighbor's blog. Gene recently returned from a trip to Viet Nam. Take a few moments to read his trip reports. Fascinating and compelling.

Labels: ,

Posted at 5:02 PM | |